Monday, July 20, 2009

Off to Guatemala

Hello everyone,

My name is Ruth Wright-Gedcke and I am one of the participants going to Guatemala this year. Today is the day where we are all meeting at Marina's house for a send off party and barbeque. It will be great to see all the participants again and awesome to see Sam who came from California.

As I was packing for this trip I started to think of all the learning, growing and sharing that I will be able to experience during our month in Guatemala. I am excited to learn some Spanish but also about the culture and history of the Guatemalan people.

I want to thank everyone who has helped us through donations, prayers or thoughts. I hope to come back to Canada with a new understanding of the world. Take care.

2 comments:

  1. Greetings to Ruth and her friends travelling with her. What a fantastic opportunity for you all! It will be a privilege to share your experiences on your blog. I am looking forward to it. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

    Peace and Joy,

    Aunt Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a super amount of fun!!!!!

    -Liz

    ReplyDelete